Starting April 3rd, Greater Alliance will begin issuing new Visa® Debit Cards to our members with the goal of replacing all current debit cards by the end of June. If you are concerned about security at ATMs and checkout lines, we think you will agree that our new card is truly “a change for the GREATER.”
Our new Visa® debit card provides:
- Enhanced security features
- Safer transactions, online or in person
- Reduced risk of identity theft
- Peace of mind for our members
- New “instant issue” capability
Featuring an embedded “EMV” computer chip for security, our new debit card differs from traditional cards by creating a unique transaction code for each purchase. In the unlikely event that hackers steal card information during a point-of-sale transaction, their attempts at using the same information again will be denied.
Another benefit is “instant issue” service at our branch location in Paramus. After April 3rd, Greater Alliance members will be able to get a new or replacement card while they wait. Just come to our branch in Paramus and request a new card.
HOW TO USE YOUR NEW CARD:
- Use your new chip card with your personal unique PIN for increased security during point of sale transactions.
- When using your chip card, if the merchant has chip-enabled terminal, simply insert your chip card in the terminal in order for the chip to be read.
- If the merchant does not have EMV chip-enabled terminal, simply swipe your card as you typically would.