1. When will I receive my NEW EMV Card?
New EMV cards will be issued to new members and for any cards that expire starting, April 3rd, 2017. New permanent cards will be issued in mid-June to members who haven’t yet received the EMV cards.
2. Will my card number change?
YES, your card number will change, along with the expiration date and the 3 digit security on the back of your card. You will need to update this information on any account where you might use your card for automatic payments (such as Netflix, Amazon.com, PayPal, Gym Membership etc.)
3. How do I activate my new card?
The phone number for reactivation is 866-985-2273 an activation label will also be attached to your new card. Call the number and follow the automated prompts. Please remember to set (or confirm) your PIN before you disconnect the call.
4. What should I do after I receive my New Chip Card?
- Activate your new Chip Card
- Destroy your current Debit Card
- Your old debit card will expire and will not be available for use after 30 days of receiving your NEW CHIP CARD
- Update all of your accounts where you have setup automatic payments with your new account information
5. What if my New Chip Card is lost or stolen?
If you are New Chip Card is lost or stolen please call us immediately at 888-554-2328 x280 during our regular business hours or if it’s over the weekend, after hours or holidays, please call 855-735-1588
6. What if I forget my PIN 6 months down the road and need to reset my pin?
If you forget your PIN, please call 866-985-2273 and follow the prompts to reset your pin.
7. What if a store doesn’t have a chip terminal?
The card will still have a magnetic strip that can be used if a store hasn’t upgraded their terminal yet.
8. Can I still make online purchases?
YES, you can make online purchases the same way you do today.
9. Are stores required to have chip terminals?
No, but the responsibility will be put on them if a data breach occurs.