It’s a change for the GREATER.
Answers to common questions about our Online Banking Upgrades.
- How do I register for Online Banking after the upgrade, if I am an existing user?
Enter a username – Your “Member Number”
Enter a password – Upper case “GAFCU and last 4 digits of your SS#” without any spaces
After you register you will be prompted to change your username and password.
Click Here for step-by-step guide on how to register.
- I forgot my password and I am locked out of my accounts. What do I do?
If you forget your password please click on the “Forgot Password” link and follow the directions. If you still have difficulties please call us at 888-554-2328 x280 during our regular business hours.
- My spouse and I have joint accounts, do we need our own login?
If you do have a Primary account at GAFCU then you will need to go through the Online Banking registration process and you will be able to view all of your accounts and any accounts that you are a joint on. If you are not a Primary account holder on any of the accounts at GAFCU then the Primary account holder will need to give you “Shared Access” through the Online Banking platform.
Note: Joint account holders that are not primary on any accounts cannot create their unique User ID and Password.
- Can more than one email be added for notifications?
YES. You can include more than one notification for email. However, you will only be allowed to receive notifications for the email that is setup as your “Primary Email”.
- Can members customize alerts?
YES. Members can customize alerts and you can also receive alerts via email or text.
- Online banking transfers need to be reset?
YES. All Online banking transfers will need to be reset after your initial login.
- Will the member be able to open a subaccount in Online banking?
YES. You will be able to open subaccounts through Online Banking and also apply for a loan.
- Did the system upgrade affect how I login to Online Banking?
YES. The very first time you login you will be required to enter your Member Number as your username and Password will be GAFCU and last 4 digits of your SS#. You will then be asked to choose your own username and unique password.
- Did the system upgrade affect Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)?
The system upgrade did not affect Multi-Factor Authentication. Your accounts will be completely secure.
- Do I need to reassign my account nicknames after the system upgrade?
YES. You will need to reassign account nicknames after the system upgrade.
- Can I request a Withdrawal by Check within Online Banking after the system upgrade?
Check withdrawal is not allowed through Online Banking but you can put a stop payment on a check through Online Banking. You may call 888-554-2328 x280 or stop by a branch to make a request for check withdrawal.
- How can I access my account history that occurred prior to the system upgrade?
All account history from January 1, 2016 will be available within Online Banking.
- Did the system upgrade provide any new functionality to Online Banking?
YES. You will have multiple new features within our new and improved Online Banking platform. Just to name a few:
- Touch Screen authentication
- Expedited and Overnight Bill Pay service
- Popmoney – Person to Person transfer of funds
- Account to Account transfers – You will be able to transfer funds from and to Greater Alliance from another financial institution
- FinanceWorks – Money Management tool
- Purchase Rewards
- Reorder Checks
- Open club and Share accounts and also apply for a loan
- And much more…
- Will there be a fee for external transfers – Popmoney?
There is a small fee for next day service (please see our updated Fee Schedule on April 3, 2017). It’s FREE for standard 3 day service.
- Will there be limits for Popmoney and account to account transfers?
There will be a $500 daily limit and $3,000 monthly limit for both these services.
- How quickly will the transfer process?
- For Popmoney Standard – 3 business days after recipient collects the funds
- Popmoney Next Day – 1 Business day after recipient collects the funds
- Account to Account Standard – 3 business days after send date
- Account to Account next day – 1 business day after send date
- Will cross member transfer work?
You can use Popmoney to transfer to another member within GAFCU, or use it to pay a family or friend.
- Will there be a fee for account to account from-and-to Greater Alliance to another Financial Institution?
YES. There is a small fee for next business day service request (Please see updated Fee Schedule for April, 2017). It is FREE for standard 3 day business service.
- Can I view VISA® Debit Card transactions within Online Banking?
YES. You should be able to view past Debit Card transactions within Online Banking and all future transactions can be viewed as posted by the merchant.