Start Young – Start Smart
How many times have you wished you started saving earlier? Well, your kids certainly can do what you wished you would have done. We offer our future leaders a great way to get their personal savings ball rolling and keep it moving with our youth account. Our youth accounts can be opened as soon as a child receives his or her social security number. Youth accounts allow parents to be joint owners of the account until their child turns the age of 21. Plus when you open a youth account you will receive:
- Earn 1.00% APY* on the first $1,000 and regular savings rate.
- $25 minimum deposit balance
- FREE ATM card
- Save for a goal with our Don’t Touch Account – Bike, laptop, phone
- Receive $10 Gift Card2 every year on your account opening anniversary
- Receive $3 for every final end of year “A” grade3 (Grade 1 through 12)
- FREE Online and Mobile Banking, Bill Pay, eStatements, Mobile Wallet, Mobile Deposit and more…
- Unlimited ATM transactions at over 85,000 Surcharge FREE ATMs at any
How do I open an account
- What You Need – New or Existing members will be required to open a Youth account at a Branch. You’ll need an unexpired government issued identification such as a State-issued Driver’s License or a U.S. Passport.
- Initial Deposit– There is a $25 minimum deposit required when opening a Primary Savings Account.
- Open – All Youth accounts must be opened at a BRANCH. A legal guardian or parent must be present if the child is below the age of 18.
- Direct Deposit– Direct Deposit simplifies your banking by automatically depositing your payroll, and other recurring deposits directly into any Greater Alliance account. To set up Direct Deposit, provide our Routing Number – 2212-7587-6 along with your account/member number to your depositor.
*Annual Percentage Yield effective 12/1/19 and is subject to change without notice. Additional verification may be requested for account opening. Fees or other conditions could reduce earnings. Certain restrictions may apply. 1.00% APY is earned on balances up to $1,000, balance higher than $1,000 earn 0.20% APY. **A $10 gift voucher will be mailed to you, please bring the voucher to the branch to redeem your $10 gift card. ***You will need to bring in the final end of year report card to a nearest branch and we will deposit $3 into your Savings account based on the number of A grades you have received.