- SIGN UP for GreenPath’s Homebuyer Counseling and Education Program2 or call 877-337-3399 GreenPath is committed to assisting our members in moving towards successful homeownership.
- Contact Greater Alliance Mortgage Representative to pre-qualify for a mortgage, and learn about ways to get ready for buying while you are saving for a house.
- Open a Home Buyer Savings account to earn dividends and save a minimum of $100 a month for 15 months.
- And receive $1,000 credit towards the closing costs on your Greater Alliance mortgage.
- You must qualify for membership to be eligible for any products and services at the credit union. Membership eligibility means you need to live, work, worship, go to school, do business in Bergen & Passaic counties and maintain $100 in the savings account.
Whether you are buying your first home or refinancing, we are your home for all your home buying needs.
1To obtain the $1,000 credit on your GAFCU mortgage, you must: (1) make net deposits of no less than $100 and no more than $500 each month and must make regular deposits into the Home Buyer Savings account for a minimum of 12 months or a maximum of 15 months, one missed deposit allowed for the 15 month period; (2) you must separately qualify, be approved and close on a mortgage loan with us within 15 months after opening the savings account; (3) your deposit account must remain open until you close on a mortgage loan with us to receive the credit; (4) if the mortgage is paid off within two years of the date of closing you will be required to repay the $1000 credit to the credit union; (5) only one credit per mortgage loan; (6) mortgage loan limited to an amount not to exceed $474,999; (7) the mortgage must be used to buy your first primary residence; (8) if after 15 months from the opening of the deposit account you have not closed on a mortgage loan than the deposit account will be closed and the funds in the account will be transferred to the regular Savings Account at the credit union and the credit union will have no obligation to credit any funds towards your closing costs.
2GreenPath will contact the members with instructions to complete a one-on-one Pre-Purchase counseling session to assess the member’s readiness to becoming a homeowner. With the member’s consent, GreenPath will notify the credit union upon members’ completion of the counseling and their readiness to becoming a homeowner. After the counseling is completed, the member will be instructed to complete the online homebuyer education by visiting http://www.ehomeamerica.org/greenpath. The cost for this online course is $25.
3 APY means Annual Percentage Yield accurate as of 12/31/2020 and subject to change without notice. $100 Minimum balance requirement to open the account. Must have a minimum deposit of $100 or a maximum amount of $500 into the Home Buyer Savings account each month. 0.20% APY paid on all balances up to $7,499 and 0.15% APY paid on any balances above $7,500 and over. Terms, conditions and withdrawal limitations apply. This does not represent a formal commitment for and participation in this savings plan does not guarantee that we will provide you with a mortgage loan. Other fees may apply. Fees may reduce earnings.
This offer is available only to members of the credit union. Membership in the credit union requires a minimum deposit of $100 dollars. This offer is subject to change in terms or termination at any time without notice. After an account is opened or a service begins, it is subject to its features, conditions and terms, which are subject to change at any time in accordance with applicable laws and agreements. Member must complete the Homebuyer counseling program and must pre-qualify for a mortgage within 30 days of opening the account, if not the account will closed out and the funds will be deposited within the primary savings account. Consistent employment of 6 months minimum is required.