If you’re connected to the internet, you’re connected to Greater Alliance. No matter where you are, our free, fast and secure 24-hour, worldwide Online and Mobile banking service lets you:
- Transfer funds or setup scheduled recurring transfers in to other accounts
- Make a single Stop-Check-Payment (Certain fees apply, please check our Fee Schedule for more information)
- Read and send secure messages from and to the credit union
- Set and update your account password, reset questions, contact details and more
- For Checking account holders, re-order checks in minutes
- Setup Real Time Alerts for balances, transactions and purchases
- TurboTax, Quicken & Quickbooks to keep track of all your accounts
- Discounted Car Rental through National and Enterprise Car Rental
- Apply for Loans, Open New Accounts on the go using your mobile app or through a tablet or PC
Enjoy any-time access to all of your accounts with Greater Alliance Mobile App and Mobile Web Banking. Whether you’re checking account balances, transferring funds or finding the nearest ATM or Greater Alliance Branch, we provide secure, convenient access to your accounts anytime, anywhere.
- Access accounts 24/7 on the go
- Use Remote Deposit to conveniently deposit checks from your device, no matter where you are
- Use Popmoney™ to transfer money to anyone using their email address or cell phone number
- Enroll for Bill Pay, setup payees and pay your bills
- View account balances
- Review transactions
- Transfer funds between accounts
- Locate surcharge-free ATMs and shared branches
- Check our current mortgage rates
Mobile Banking Apps
Available for free in the App Store and Google Play store, the Greater Alliance Mobile app lets you take control of your finances from the comfort of your favorite device. Download it today and start banking without boundaries.
And now, with Multifactor Verification, your accounts are more secure than ever—members who enroll are 3 times more likely to avoid fraud. Our multi factor authentication is a second layer of protection for signing in. Sign in like you normally do, then you’ll be prompted to enter a security code or tap a push notification we’ll send to one of your trusted devices. Multifactor makes it much harder for defrauders to access your account because they would need your username, password and access to your email or trusted device.