While homeownership comes with a significant cost, it’s also the best investment you can make. A home equity line of credit is your return on that investment, using your home’s equity to put cash on hand for whatever you want, whenever you need it until you reach your credit limit. You anticipate needing funds over time for things such as:
- Ongoing medical expenses
- Home improvements
- Paying for higher-education
With our HELOC, you’ll have the funds you need, when you need them, to help make those big changes in your life a success. It’s easy and secure, and you only have to pay interest on what you actually use.
- No closing costs in most states**
- We offer 5, 10, 15 and 20 year terms
- No annual fees
- Minimum line amount of $25,000. Maximum line amount of $250,000. Loan amount is up to 80% of your home’s value less any other liens.
- Interest may be tax deductible (Please consult your tax advisor for information.)
Plus receive these additional benefits:
- NO application fee
- NO annual fee or prepayment penalty
- Convenient and easy application process from start to end.
- Debt Protection – Protect your loan balance or loan payments against, death, disability or involuntary unemployment. It’s voluntary and won’t affect your loan approval.
What will be required to complete your HEL or HELOC application?
- A copy of the deed
- Mortgage balances (1st, 2nd, etc.) – must be in the form of a recent bank statements or a letter from your bank stating the current balance(s)
- A current copy of the homeowners insurance policy on the house and or Master Condo – Policy. (Should the Home Equity loan be approved, a revised copy of the policy must be submitted showing the credit union as the first or second mortgage holder. An update copy must be submitted each time the policy is renewed.)
- Copy of last tax bill
- Current paystubs. If additional income is needed to qualify, W-2 or tax return must be supplied
- Cash out letter
Refinance & Save
If you already have a home equity line of credit from another financial institution, refinance with Greater Alliance and get 1% cash back up to a $1,000 of the loan’s value — plus our great low rate and flexible terms.
Free Financial Coaching and Education
Overwhelmed with debt, having trouble making ends meet or budgeting each month? We have partnered with GreenPath Financial Wellness to enable our members to prepare for life’s ups and downs and build the financial foundation for their dreams.
GreenPath is a FREE member benefit to support the financial wellness of our members by working with them to:
- Get out of Debt — If members have high interest credit card debt, a Debt Management Plan may be able to help them lower their interest rates AND pay off debt faster.
- Create a Budget and Save Money — During a financial counseling session, members will create a spending plan that works towards their financial goals, including building savings.
- Build Credit — Our counselors will work with members to better understand their credit report, dispute inaccurate information, and manage their credit score.
- Plan for your Housing — Housing experts will provide support to members who are going through the home buying process, or struggling with rent or mortgage payments.
- Educate Themselves about Personal Finance — A myriad of resources, including online learning experiences, workshop materials, articles and education handouts, support communities, and more.
Schedule An Appointment
*APR – Annual Percentage Rate. This promotion is available for a limited time and may be withdrawn at any time. The promotional Annual Percentage Rate (APR) will not change until the first day of the 13th month after the day of the loan closing. After the introductory period, the loan will become a variable rate loan and the interest rate and payment may change. The prime rate is based on the highest prime rate published in the Wall Street Journal. On December 1, 2019 prime rate was 4.75%. The current APR for a Home Equity Line of Credit using the prime rate minus 0.26% margin is 4.49%. The floor rate at the end of the initial 12 month period will be 2.99%. The APR will never exceed 9.99%. If applicable, your payments will change on the first day of the month. At no time during the life of your loan will your interest rate go below 2.99% after the one year introductory rate, nor will it go any higher than 9.99%. Your annual rate change per year cannot exceed 2.00%. You can select a term of 20 years with a “draw period” of 7 years. Other restrictions may apply. Some Non-NJ Properties may have State Tax related closing costs. If the loan is paid off within two years, the borrower agrees to reimburse the Credit Union for closing costs initially waived in the amount of $750, and that the member authorizes the Credit Union to withdraw the money from their Credit Union account. Loan Rates and current offer are subject to individual qualifying factors and may change at any time without notice, your rate may be higher. Minimum line amount of $25,000. Maximum line amount of $250,000. Loan amount is up to 80% of your home’s value less any other liens. This promotion applies only to new lines of credit and is not available to refinance existing loans with GAFCU. Promotion available for single family, owner-occupied, primary residence only; excludes investment property, second and vacation homes, condos, co-ops and single or double wide manufactured homes. Property insurance is required. Applicants must successfully meet our Home Equity Line credit standards. Not all members will qualify for this promotional offer. Alternative rates and terms are available. Some Non-NJ Properties may have State Tax related closing costs. **Consult your tax advisor regarding your ability to deduct Home Equity Loan interest. Credit union membership required to apply for any of our products and services.