Here’s what you’ll need before you can use Samsung Pay:
- A compatible Samsung phone or watch
- NFC or MST support on your phone or watch
- A Samsung account
- A supported credit, debit, or gift card from a participating bank, credit union, or vendor
- A registered fingerprint or Samsung Pay PIN
- Be located in the country of the participating bank, so the bank can verify your card
Set up Samsung Pay on your Phone
Samsung Pay comes preloaded on available phones, but you can always reinstall it, if needed.
Once it’s installed,
- Open Samsung Pay, and then
- Tap Get Started
- Enter a New PIN for Samsung Pay, and then
- Enter it again to confirm
If it’s your first time using Samsung Pay, you will be asked to add payment cards.
- Add your cards or tap Samsung Pay Home to skip this step for now.
Note: If you are using Samsung Pay on your watch, you will need to set it up separately.
Use your fingerprint or irises with Samsung Pay
To add an extra layer of security to your Samsung Pay account, you can turn on biometric security, like Fingerprint or Iris verification.
- Open Samsung Pay, and then
- Tap Menu in the upper left corner
- Tap Settings, and then
- Tap the Switch next to Fingerprint or irises.
Once you have activated one, follow the on-screen instructions to set up either Fingerprint or Iris verification. If you don’t have a Lock screen set up, you may be required to set one up for your phone.
How do I add Samsung Pay to my smartwatch?
If you have a compatible Galaxy Wearable device, you can add Samsung Pay for secure payments on the go; however, it is essential to understand that wearable devices only support NFC. As MST is not supported on Galaxy Wearable devices, you will need to use a pay terminal that supports contactless payments.
To set up Samsung Pay;
1. Begin by opening the Galaxy Wearable
2. Then tap Samsung Pay on the Home tab.
3. You can tap the “+” button in the upper – right hand corner to add credit or debit cards, similar to on your smartphone.
Once Samsung Pay is entirely set up on your Galaxy Wearable, you’ll be able to pay for transactions using your smartwatch , as well as view any recent purchase that may have been made through the service.
Note: The watch and smartphone will only show transactions that have been made on their hardware – they are not shared between devices. Samsung Pay is only available on select phone and watch models.
To use Samsung Pay on your smart watch with a non- Samsung phone, you must update to Android 6.0 or higher.
How do I pay with Samsung Pay?
Out shopping and ready to pay?
- You will be prompted to Select card you want to use, and after
- Verifying your identity, you will then be told to place the back of your Samsung smartphone against the card terminal.
- For fast and speedy payments, secure your device by using fingerprint.
- Hold the back key to launch the app.
- Select the card you wish to use and tap the Pay button.
- Tap the wearable to the terminal, the same as you would your smartphone, to initiate the transaction.