For growing your money with a guaranteed fixed rate of return, a Certificate Account is hard to beat. Your rate is locked in when it is opened – eliminating the volatility inherent in other investments. With term options ranging 3 months to 60 months, it will be easy to find a Certificate that’s right for you.
- Savings option that typically earns the highest rate of return than a regular savings account where the dividends are compounded daily.
- Open a Certificate with as little as $500.
- Lock in a guaranteed rate of return for a variety of terms between 3 – 60 months.
- Most Certificates are also available as Traditional or Roth IRAs.
- The funds in your certificate are insured by the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF).
- Can be pledged as collateral for a secured loan (certain conditions apply)
How do I open an account
What You Need:
- If you are a NEW member you will first need to first open a Savings account online or in branch, you’ll need an unexpired government issued identification such as a State-issued Driver’s License or a U.S. Passport.
- If you are an EXISTING member you may open an account securely and conveniently through Digital Banking or at a branch where you will be required to provide a government issued ID.
Initial Deposit– There is a $500 Minimum deposit required when opening a Certificate Account.
- If opening an account through Digital Banking you can fund the account through ACH from another Financial Institution, transfer from any existing Greater Alliance account or use a Debit or Credit Card to fund the account.
- If opening an account at a branch, you can transfer funds from another Greater Alliance account or deposit funds using a Check.
APY=*Annual Percentage Yield (APY) effective 08/12/2023 is subject to change without notice. $500 minimum balance to open a CD. Penalties may be imposed for early withdrawal. APY assumes dividends remain in the Certificate. A $100 minimum balance is required to open a membership. Offer valid for a limited time and can be withdrawn at any time.