- $50 initial deposit
- No minimum balance requirement
- Free Greater Alliance custom checks provided upon request
- FREE unlimited check writing
- $15 monthly service charge
- A FREE EMV VISA® Debit Card with a $500 ATM daily withdrawal amount and $2500 Point of Sale daily limit.
- FREE Online and Mobile Banking, Bill Pay, eStatements, Mobile Check Deposit and 24 hour Telephone Banking – Learn more
- Unlimited FREE ATM transactions at over 85,000 ATM locations
- Reorder checks through Online Banking
How do I open an account
What You Need:
- If you are a NEW member you will first need to first open a Savings account online or in branch, you’ll need an unexpired government issued identification such as a State-issued Driver’s License or a U.S. Passport and then select the option to open a Fresh Start Checking account.
- If you are an EXISTING member you may open a Fresh Start Checking account securely and conveniently through Online Banking or at a branch where you will be required to provide a government issued ID.
Initial Deposit– There is a $50 minimum deposit required when opening a Fresh Start Checking Account.
- If opening an account through Online Banking you can fund the account through ACH from another Financial Institution, transfer from any existing Greater Alliance account or use a Debit or Credit Card to fund the account.
- If opening an account at a Branch, you can transfer funds from another Greater Alliance account or deposit funds using a Check.
Direct Deposit– Direct Deposit simplifies your banking by automatically depositing your payroll, and other recurring deposits directly into any Greater Alliance account. To set up Direct Deposit, provide our Routing Number – 2212-7587-6 along with your account/member number to your depositor.
Open Your Fresh Start Checking Account Online
Free Financial Coaching and Education
Overwhelmed with debt, having trouble making ends meet or budgeting each month? We have partnered with GreenPath Financial Wellness to enable our members to prepare for life’s ups and downs and build the financial foundation for their dreams.
GreenPath is a FREE member benefit to support the financial wellness of our members by working with them to:
- Get out of Debt — If members have high interest credit card debt, a Debt Management Plan may be able to help them lower their interest rates AND pay off debt faster.
- Create a Budget and Save Money — During a financial counseling session, members will create a spending plan that works towards their financial goals, including building savings.
- Build Credit — Our counselors will work with members to better understand their credit report, dispute inaccurate information, and manage their credit score.
- Plan for your Housing — Housing experts will provide support to members who are going through the home buying process, or struggling with rent or mortgage payments.
- Educate Themselves about Personal Finance — A myriad of resources, including online learning experiences, workshop materials, articles and education handouts, support communities, and more.