Your hard-earned money needs a high-interest checking account!
- Earn 0.60% APY1 on balances between $5,000 – $25,0002
- $5,000 initial deposit and minimum balance required
- $500 monthly Direct Deposit required into the checking account and must enroll for Online Banking and e-Statement to earn interest
- No monthly maintenance charge
- Unlimited check writing
- Choose from a wide variety of designs and get the first order of checks for FREE3
- EMV VISA® Debit Card with a $500 ATM daily withdrawal amount and $2,500 Point of Sale daily limit
- FREE Online and Mobile Banking, Bill Pay, eStatements, Mobile Check Deposit and more – Learn more
- Unlimited FREE ATM transactions at over 85,000 ATMs locations
- Reorder checks through Online Banking
How do I open an account
What You Need:
- If you are a NEW member you will first need to first open a Savings account online or in branch, you’ll need an unexpired government issued identification such as a State-issued Driver’s License or a U.S. Passport and then select the option to open a Premier Checking account.
- If you are an EXISTING member you may open a Premier Checking account securely and conveniently through Digital Banking or at a Branch where you will be required to provide a government issued ID.
Initial Deposit– There is a $5,000 minimum deposit required when opening a Premier Checking Account.
- If opening an account through Digital Banking you can fund the account through ACH from another Financial Institution, transfer from any existing Greater Alliance account or use a Debit or Credit Card to fund the account.
- If opening an account at a Branch, you can transfer funds from another Greater Alliance account or deposit funds using a Check.
Direct Deposit – Direct Deposit simplifies your banking by automatically depositing your payroll, and other recurring deposits directly into any Greater Alliance account. To set up Direct Deposit, provide our Routing Number – 2212-7587-6 along with your account/member number to your depositor.
Open Your Premier Checking Account Online
Overdraft Line of Credit
An overdraft line of credit is a loan attached to your checking account. When the checking account gets overdrawn, your overdraft line of credit will be used to pay the overdrawn amount. The line of credit limit depends on the member’s credit score. Interest on the money borrowed will be charged.
- Loan Limits: from $500 – $5000
- Rates as low as 16.12% APR*
- Payments: from $50 – $200
- A low interest rate with monthly payments that are 3% of the principal loan balance.
*APR=Annual Percentage Rate.15.12% rate refers to individuals who qualify and have Payroll deduction/Direct Deposit. A full credit check will be required for all borrowers. All advertised rates are subject to individual qualifying factors and subject to change without notice.
1.APY = Annual Percentage Yield will be paid for all balances between $5,000 – $25,000 and for balances above $25,000 0.02% APY will be paid. 2. If the account balance falls below $5,000 during any month a $15 minimum balance fee will assessed and no interest will be paid during that month. Only one Premier checking account per member. Member must enroll for Online Banking and e-Statements and must have $500 direct deposit into the checking account each month. If these conditions are not met during any time of the month no interest will be paid on the account. Minimum deposit of $5,000 is required to open the checking account. 3. First order of checks provided up to $25 value including shipping. All individuals must have or open a share (savings) account and are required to maintain a minimum balance of $100 in their personal savings account when becoming a member. Fees could reduce the earnings on the account. All terms and rates are subject to change without notice and all members subject to review by ChexSystems. Accounts only available to members and membership in the credit union requires a minimum deposit of $100.